New York State Unified Court System

This site lets you electronically deliver documents to the courts and –– during the COVID–19 public health emergency –– file documents electronically in many courts that do not usually permit electronic filing. For more detailed information, view the EDDS Notice, the EDDS FAQ page or the EDDS User Manual.

To help you with the delivery of your documents, please choose the location where you would like to send your documents, then follow the screens for additional directions. For information about which legal matters are handled by the various courts of New York State, visit Which court should I go to?

Select the court you want to deliver your documents to:

City Court - Civil (outside NYC) (Buffalo City Court Accepting Commencement Filings)
City Court - Criminal (outside NYC)
Civil Court - New York City
County Court - Criminal Term (outside NYC)
Court of Claims
Criminal Court NYC
District Court - Civil Term (Nassau Suffolk) (Suffolk Town Ordinance)
District Court - Criminal Term (Nassau/Suffolk)
Family Court
Nassau - SCARS
New York City County Clerks
Supreme Court - Criminal Term (Inside NYC)
Supreme Court - Civil Term (limited availability for certain courts and case types. Read more ...)
Are you filing a Stipulation & Consent to E-Filing? If you are filing this document in the courts listed below, please log into NYSCEF to file.
For instructions on how to file, view our instructions on how to Submit a Stipulation via NYSCEF.
- New York County Supreme Court
- Orleans County Supreme Court
   (NOTE: Letter Applications to Convert should be emailed to
- Queens County Supreme Court

The Supreme Civil Courts of Allegany and Orleans Counties are open for the sending of documents via EDDS - as NYSCEF is not yet available in these courts.

In the remaining 60 Supreme Civil Courts, which all have active NYSCEF programs, there are only 2 document types available to be sent via EDDS *. These two documents, Stipulation and Consent to E-Filing Form (EF-10) and Letter Application to Convert Pending Action to Electronic Filing (EF-28), relate to parties that may be seeking to convert a paper matter to E-filing pursuant to NYSECEF Rule §202.5-b(b)(2)(iv).

* EXCEPTION:  When filing a Stipulation and Consent in Bronx and Queens counties, you should do so via NYSCEF.

For all other counties, follow the process below:

How to Convert a paper matter to E-filing pursuant to 202.5-b(b)(2)(iv)

  1. If all parties consent to have the matter converted from paper to e-filing, they are required to complete and submit a Stipulation and Consent to E-Filing Form (EF-10). This form is available on the NYSCEF website under the Forms menu and can be sent via EDDS to the appropriate Supreme Civil Court,


  2. A party may apply directly to the to order such conversion – by submitting a Letter Application to Convert Pending Action to Electronic Filing (EF-28). There is no fee for this application. This form can also be sent via EDDS to the appropriate Supreme Civil Court.

    Posted on the NYSCEF website, under the Forms menu, are two "new" forms provided to assist a party requesting the court to order the conversion of a paper matter to e-filing:
    EF-28 Letter Application to Convert Pending Action to Electronic Filing
    EF-28a Notice of Conversion to Electronic Filing

The Letter Application to Convert Pending Action to Electronic Filing, (EF-28), is a simple no fee application/form, which a party can submit to the court requesting the court order the conversion pursuant to 202.5-b(b)(2)(iv). Once the application/form is completed, it must be served on all parties by mail and may be sent to the court via EDDS together with proof of service. If the court approves the application, the Court will notify the County Clerk to convert the matter, and the County Clerk will notify the party/applicant once the conversion process is completed. Thereafter, the party/applicant must serve all other parties with a Notice of Conversion to Electronic Filing - (EF-28a) - advising them of the available filing and service options - and must then e-file proof of service of this notice in the newly converted matter. (If the court does not approve the application, the Clerk will notify the party/applicant).

NOTE: Documents cannot be e-filed until the party/applicant is notified by the County Clerk that the matter has been converted.

View a pre-recorded video demonstration of How to submit a Stipulation and Consent to E-Filing via NYSCEF.

For questions or assistance with E-filing, please contact the NYSCEF Resource Center.


Surrogate's Court (limited availability for certain courts and case types. Read more ...)

Some Surrogate courts have an available E-filing program in one or more case types, as such those case types will not appear in the EDDS drop-down menu for those courts.

Documents can ONLY be sent via EDDS in the following courts: Chemung, Clinton, Columbia, Essex, Greene, Hamilton, Lewis, Madison, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Schoharie, Schuyler, St. Lawrence, and Tioga.


Town Court
Village Court
Please Note
  1. A document sent through the Electronic Document Delivery System (EDDS) with a request for filing should be treated as "filed" only upon receipt of notice from the court clerk or County Clerk (or upon publication of notice on a County Clerk web page) that the document has been accepted for filing.
  2. Documents sent via EDDS do not constitute service upon any other party. Documents accepted for filing through EDDS must be served on other parties by electronic means or by mail.
  3. An unrepresented party can use EDDS to send documents to the court, after notifying the court and other parties that they wish to use this method. If EDDS is used, they must serve all such documents on other parties by mail, email, or other electronic means.
  4. EDDS should NOT be used for the delivery of emergency applications except in a Family Court that has been authorized to receive such applications via EDDS, or in a Court where the Judge directs the use of EDDS for that purpose. For more information on filing such applications please contact the court directly. To find contact information for a court go to